New Features in this Release:
Shared Evidence Indicator: The Organize tab of Evidence of Learning now provides a handy "arrow” indicator for Evidence items that have been shared with the student/parent. This provides another way for a teacher to quickly see which items have been shared and which haven’t.
Evidence Editing on Tablets: The Organize tab of Evidence of Learning has been optimized to enable teachers to easily edit items by simply tapping on them. A new “Select” option has been added to enable teachers to multi-select items for actions such as creating Analysis notes.
Late Slip Filter on Attendance Incidents Zoom: The Attendance Incidents Zoom has been enhanced to have a “Late Slips” filter which enables attendance administrators to quickly see all Late Slips that have been issued, or all incidents that don’t yet have late slips. This makes it more convenient to manage Late Slips and incidents in general.
Notifications for new News Items: Users can now request to receive a push or email notification when new News items are posted at a school they are a member of.
Listing All Available Phone Numbers: The Panorama (for students) and Details page (for staff and parents) have been enhanced to automatically show all available telephone numbers for the person being viewed.
Group Membership Visibility Controls: Edsby Groups now supports new options for limiting the visibility of the group membership from group members. Group moderators can hide the list of members from all members. This is useful for very large groups and for groups where it isn’t desirable to disclose to the members who the other members are. A variant of this hides the membership list from parents in the group. This is useful in groups (such as sports teams) that may have both parents and students in them.
Direct Form Editing for Teachers: The Edsby class feed has been enhanced so that if a teacher clicks on an assessment or journal entry the edit form for the underlying item is opened in place via a light box. The teacher no longer needs to go to the Planner to view and make changes to the item.
Create New Lessons via the Class Feed: A “Lesson” command has been added to the class feed so teachers have more convenient access to creating new lessons when they are adding content in to the class.
Configurable Support Destination for Staff: Edsby provides all staff users with a “?” widget in the lower right corner that by default takes the staff member to the Edsby ticketing system to enable them to enter a ticket with Edsby support. In this release the “?” destination can now be configured via a small customization to go to an alternative destination such as the customer’s own support site. Please contact Edsby support if you would like such a custom destination configured for your Edsby site.
Support for Strands and Expectations in Online Tests: Edsby’s online test feature has been enhanced to enable online tests to be associated with specific strands and/or expectations/Standards/Outcomes.
Progress Report Ungraded Assessments Control: The Progress Report has been enhanced to provide a checkbox to control whether ungraded assessments should be included in the progress report or not. By default it is turned off to match the current behaviour of the Progress Report.
Quality Improvements in this Release:
- The quick class selector now shows classes in the same order as the home page
- The mobile interface for Groups now supports “invite” so new users can be added
- Embedded videos now play in place in Edsby again rather than in a separate tab
- Assignment pickers handling drop down choices better on small screen devices
- Removed the “Plan an Absence” option for students on mobile devices
- The way start and end dates are specified in calendar events has been enhanced
- Fixed the way Registration capacity limit errors apply to manual purchases
- Fixed Registrations receipt email in admin booked case to go to user not the admin
- Enhanced the Edsby search engine to better tune people and content search results
- Fix for a Report Card “Fill” issue when using pre-canned drop down field values
- Optimized the width of items shown in mobile feeds to reduce horizontal scrolling
- Optimized the content embedder to not try to format email addresses
- Fixed a problem with a class setup form dropdown leaving options visible when finished
- Fixed an issues with Edsby Analytics not displaying in Edsby iOS app
- Fixed a problem when copying multiple journal entries at the same time
- Ensured that disabled grade schemes no longer show up as an option in pickers
- Fixed an intermittent bug with Evidence items not showing up in report cards
- Tightened the date range filters for what class items are included in the Timetable view
- Fixed a bug that prevented late joining students from seeing the Timetable
- Fixed a bug that caused (just) the Teacher view of the Learning Story to show all items
- Fixed an issue with students added late to a Planned Absence
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the gradebook activity feed to not display right
- Improved the authoring of multiple sections in online tests
- Fixed an issue when changing assessment schemes for existing rubrics
- Enhanced the layout of several “My Work” items on mobile for students
- Disabled access to “View Timetable” on smartphones since it doesn’t fit well
- Improved the way calendar notifications are handled on mobile devices