You can drop a student from a class at any time.
In the SIS, the Dropped date is used to keep track of how long a student was enrolled in a class. In some cases, a student may enroll in a class but never attend, and you may want to completely delete the enrollment record. To accomplish this, enter a Dropped date earlier than the enrollment date (for example, if the enrollment date is December 6th, use a drop date of December 5th). When the drop date precedes the enrollment date, the record will be deleted from the SIS.
Drop a Student from a class
- Log into sis.choosetwine.com and select Scheduling > Student Schedule.
- Use the search window to locate the account that you want to edit. Click Submit to get a list of all students, or narrow your results by first inputting search criteria such as Last Name.
- Select the Student from the list to display the Student Schedule details page.
- In the "Dropped" column, enter the date for which the student should be removed from the class and click Save:
- If the Dropped date predates the Enrolled date you will receive a warning and must confirm your selection by clicking OK.
Note: When the Dropped date is earlier than the Enrolled date all record of the student's participation in the class (grades and absences) will be permanently deleted from the SIS. Refer to the Drop Dates section in this article for more information.
- If the drop date is equal to or after the enrollment date, you will see the update in the Student Schedule. The student's grades and absences will be retained.
Note: you can click on the Dropped date edit it to reflect another date or choose NA from the dropdown menu to restore the student to the class.
The enrollment changes will be visible in Edsby within 24 hours when data is synchronized from the SIS.