Often more than one staff member participates in leading classes. In Edsby, co-teachers and support staff can be added, with one of three roles:
- Teacher: Same capabilities as the primary teachers
- Support: Same as teacher except no access to report cards in the class
- Substitute: Can take attendance and post in the feed, but can’t access academic information such as the gradebook, evidence, perspective, etc.
Teachers and school administrators may add co-teachers to any class using the Setup form for the class inside Edsby. To to this:
1. Open the class where you want to assign a co-teacher, and click on the drop-down menu in the uppper-right corner, next to the list of teacher tools:
2. Select "Setup" from the drop-down menu:
3. In the Setup window, scroll down to the "Teachers and Assistants" section, and enter the name of the co-teacher:
4. Assign the permissions for your new teacher. Available options are as follows: Teacher grants full rights to everything in the class, so the additional staff can do everything the primary teacher can do; Support has all the same access as Teacher, excepting report cards; Substitute can take attendance and post in the feed, but can’t access academic information such as the gradebook, evidence of learning, perspective, etc.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the Setup screen and click "Save"