Within Edsby reporting periods are required to calculate term averages in the gradebook, and to allow use of weighting buckets for grade calculations. Reporting periods specify the start and end-date for a term, along with details such as when teachers are required to complete report card submission.
In order for a class to receive a report card, or for teachers to define weighting buckets in a gradebook, a class must be part of a reporting period. If, after reporting periods are defined, a new class gets created, that class will not be part of the reporting period and needs to be added to the reporting period by a school administrator.
Creating reporting periods/Deploying report cards
Users must have an Edsby role of School Admin or School IT to create reporting periods and deploy report cards. To do this:
- Open the Classes Zoom
- If not deploying to every class use Filters to narrow list to only those requiring a report card
- In the Classes drop-down menu choose "Add to report card":
- A Reporting Period Setup form will appear. To complete the form:
- Add to which reporting period: Select an existing reporting period or continue with Create New if the reporting period has not previously been defined.
- Template to use: In most cases leave this set to Select Automatically
- Disregard Force deploy and Allow Multiple Sheets fields
- Name: If creating a new reporting period assign a reporting period name, such as 2019-2020 Q1
- Type: In most cases Interim can be used as Report Card type. Final is sometimes required if you are producing an end-of-year report card that has different formatting options than your other report cards.
- Previous Reporting Period: For the first term of your year, leave this at None. If you are setting up a later term such as Quarter 2, select the previous term (such as Quarter 1) from the drop-down list.
- Period Start / Period End: Set the start & end dates for the reporting period
- Report Cards Due: Set the date by which teachers must submit their report cards.
- Advanced: If desired, the Advanced drop-down may be used to specify the date & time that report cards become available to teachers, along with a few other advanced options. If not explicitly assigned, report cards will be available to teachers 7 days before the due date:
- Click Save
After saving you will be taken to the Report Card Zoom in "Sheet View" showing the status of report card submission by class.