About Student Passwords
Note: Any teacher may reset passwords for students enrolled in their classes.
Changing a password
To change a student's password, open the Panorama page for the student. The Panorama page may be accessed by clicking on or hovering over the student's name almost any place you encounter it.
Along the left side of the Student Panorama you'll find the Reset Password button:
After clicking Reset Password, you'll be prompted to enter the new password for the end-user twice, and your password once. Edsby password restrictions included:
- must be at least 8 characters in length
- can support the inclusion of special characters (e.g. “#%*”) but not require one
- can support upper and lower case but not require one of each
- cannot contain more than two repeating sequential characters (e.g. “aaa” will not work)
- cannot contain more than three ascending/descending characters in a row (e.g. “1234” or “abcd”)
- prohibits the use of commonly used passwords (e.g. “password”)
Fill in these fields and click Save to assign the new password.