Student accounts are added, modified, and removed using the Twine SIS.
Updates made in Twine are pushed to Edsby, usually during an automated nightly sync process.
Adding a student account
- Login to Twine at https://sis.choosetwine.com/ using your Twine administrator username and password. Once you are logged in, you will see the Twine main dashboard.
- From the side menu, select Students > Add a Student.
- Enter the student's details. Required fields include First Name, Last Name, Email / Username, and Grade Level. Note: the email address / username does not necessarily have to be a real email address - this will be used by the student as their Edsby username when logging in.
- In addition to the required fields, you may also fill in information for other fields such as Birthday, Government ID, Gender, etc.
- Click Save save when you are done entering data in the General Information section.
- After saving, you may continue setup with the addition of address and contacts details for the student.
Associating an address
Student accounts are usually associated with at least one address, and addresses are required when associating contacts (parents/guardians) for a student.
When setting up an address for a student, you will have two options:
- Adding a new address: Adding a new address is only necessary when a new student is added who is not part of a household that has an address in the database.
- Adding an existing address: If an address is already in the database (usually because a sibling in the household is already enrolled at your school), there is no need to create a new address. When associating an existing address with a new student, the Contacts at that address will also be associated with the student by default.
Adding a new address
- To record a new address, under the Addresses & Contacts tab, click Add a new address
- Enter address details including at least Street; City, State, Postal Code, and/or Country may also be added
- Click Save
Adding an existing address
- To associate an existing address in the Twine system to a new student account you are creating, under the Addresses & Contacts tab, click Add an existing address.
- To look for the existing address you will associate, you could either:
- Fill out partial information of the address in the search field to narrow down the list.
- Scroll down through the list of existing addresses.
- Once you have selected the address, click Save.
If you added an existing address to your new student record, the Contacts at that address are added to the student as well.
If you have created a new address for the student account you are setting up, you may now add contacts that reside at that address.
- To add a contact for a given address, click on the address; under the Contacts at this Address column, click the Add a New contact link
- Fill out desired information in the fields provided. First Name, Last Name, and Relation are recommended. Email is required for contacts who will be logging into Edsby, and must be unique among all contacts, students, and staff.
- Once you have all the information set up, click on Save.