About staff roles
A variety of pre-defined Roles are provided for staff. Roles determine a user's permissions and access rights within Edsby, from who can see attendance details and student panoramas, to who is allowed to change student, parent & staff passwords.
Assigning staff roles
Roles may be assigned in Twine, by opening the User Info for a staff member, under the General Info section:
Commonly used roles
By default all staff are brought into Edsby with the role of Teacher. There are a handful of other roles that are frequently used.
- Ancillary Staff: This role is commonly assigned for maintenance staff, bus drivers, or other personnel who will be logging into Edsby to participate in groups, but who should not have access to see student or parent details, classes, or other Edsby information.
- Teacher: Teachers are able to see the classes they teach, along with details for the students in those classes and the parents of their students. Teachers cannot see details for students that are not enrolled in their classes.
- Guidance: Guidance staff are able to see the full list of all enrolled students and their parents, including details on student panoramas. Guidance staff are also provided access to the Attendance and Report Card tools.
- Office Head: The Office Head role is similar to Guidance, with additional rights to manage the school calendar and approve items in the school news.
- Principal / Senior Admin: Senior Administrators have all the rights of Office Head, plus the ability to reset Edsby passwords for staff. Note: this role appears in Twine as "Principal" and displays within Edsby as "Senior Admin."
The following chart provides additional detail about the specific privileges granted by various roles