Twine Annual Rollover
Twine Rollover happens in two phases:
- In the Spring we will roll over the Twine database, creating the dataset for your upcoming school year.
- In the Summer there will be an Edsby sync date on which the new school year data will begin appearing in Edsby.
Twine Support will send out an email notifying you of the Annual Rollover and Edsby Sync dates with a summary of expectations and tasks.
What is rollover?
- In the Twine SIS, the dataset for your upcoming school year will be created.
- All students, staff, subjects, and classes will be rolled over into the next school years dataset.
- Students will automatically advance a grade level.
- Students at your highest grade level will not be rolled to the upcoming school year.
What do you need to do before the rollover date?
Please contact us if ANY of the following will be different next year than this year:
- Change of terms (i.e. Semesters/Quarters to Trimesters)
- Change in bell schedule (different start/end times, different block rotation)
- Change in course subjects
- Any new grade levels that need to be added
- Edsby sync date to be earlier or later than scheduled date
After Rollover is completed
We have linked to help articles below for tasks you may need to preform after rollover is complete.
- Download the attached excel file, provide your upcoming term dates and student data that needs to be bulk loaded. Send the completed sheet to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Un-enroll students that aren’t returning
- Create accounts for new students (if there are only a few, setting them up manually works well. If you have a bunch of new students you can send them in the spreadsheet for a bulk upload.)
- Update course schedule / teachers
- Create new staff accounts
- Enroll students in classes for the new school year
- Invite new Parents to use Edsby
Other things to consider
- Edsby help for Students
- Enabling notifications
- Edsby help for Parents
- Getting started video for Parents
- Configuring Reporting Periods in Edsby (do this after the EdsbyLink sync date)