The first phase of Twine setup begins with collection of school and user data. Onboarding for Twine Essentials will continue with:
- Course and class enrollment
- Admin/Staff training & roll-out
- Parent & Student roll-out
- Report card deployment
In addition to the data collection spreadsheet explained below, please provide a copy of your school logo to your onboarding specialist.
At the end of this article is a link to our Twine Setup Part1 spreadsheet, provided in Microsoft Excel format. Please download a copy of this spreadsheet, which you will complete and return via email to your onboarding specialist.
The following sections provide detail for the information requested in the sheet.
The Part1 spreadsheet is organized in three tabs. You may select the SchoolData tab at the bottom of the sheet:
School Information fields prompt for basic information such as school name, address, and telephone number:
Every customer gets their own unique login page, with a URL (web address) that reflects their school identity. All URLs will have a format of: <something>.edsby.com, where <something> is a name or abbreviation that identifies your school. URLs must be unique across all customers, so we ask for both a preferred URL and a secondary URL, in case the preferred name is already in use.
Schedule information fields explain how your school year is organized. Please include start/end dates for each of the terms in your upcoming school year:
Your bell schedule sets out how your school day or days are organized. If students move from one class to another at set times throughout the day, the bell schedule provides the start and end times for each of those blocks.
If your school does not have consistent, structured times for specific classes each day, please provide your school day start and end times in this section.
In most cases, bell schedules are organized in one of three ways:
- Same bell periods each day of the week: Many schools have consistent time blocks every day of the week with no variation
- Different bell periods by day of week: Some schools will have distinct schedules on each weekday, with one schedule for Monday, a different schedule on Tuesday, etc.
- Different bell periods on rotating schedule: In some cases schools have a rotating schedule that does not map to specific days of the week, such as a series of 7 schedules designated as A, B, C, etc. where a schedule day could map to any day in the school calendar.
For each distinct bell schedule (for example, each unique day that has a distinct schedule, or each of the A, B, and C schedules in a rotating schedule), please provide the start and end times for each period.
When staff and students log in to Twine, you can choose to have them utilize a Twine-specific password, or they can link to a G-Suite or O365 account if your school provides accounts for either of these services.
Parents will always connect using Twine-specific passwords, which parents establish for themselves when they are invited to join Twine.
The tab for Student & Parent Data may be found at the bottom of the sheet:
The StudentParentData tab is used to collect your student and parent names, addresses, and relevant information. Below are a few details about how the sheet should be completed.
- All columns with red titles are required
- Note that there are more than 30 available columns; you will likely need to scroll to the right see the full spreadsheet
- Each student record should go on an individual row
- Each student record must include at least 1 Contact (parent/guardian) and the student’s primary address. The Contact will be associated by default with the same address.
- If a second Contact (parent/guardian) is specified, that contact will also be associated with the student’s primary address. If necessary, you may change this manually within the SIS after import.
- You may add additional contacts and addresses manually within the SIS after import.
- Every contact (including Contact2 if specified) must include a unique email address if they are going to have access to Twine.
- If students will authenticate using Google or O365 credentials, the student email must match their Google / O365 account.
- If multiple students live in the same household with the same parents, please copy/paste the address and parent information so it is identical for all those students; this allows us to ensure a single account is generated for the parents rather than multiple accounts.
The StaffData tab is used to collect your staff names, email and telephone numbers. All columns with red titles are required.
Once you've completed the School and User data spreadsheet, move onto the Course information & class rosters spreadsheet.