All parents configured in Twine/Edsby with an email address can be invited to log into Edsby, where they can get updates from the school, see what is happening in their student's classes, and keep up with grades & schedules. Parent accounts are inactive by default, and can be activated by sending invitations to join Edsby when ready
Invitations may be sent by staff with the Senior Admin or School IT roles. To send parents invitations to join edsby:
- From the Edsby home screen, open the Parents zoom along the right side of the window:
- By default the Parents zoom shows all parents. If some parent accounts have been activated and used, you probably want to exclude those accounts from getting new invitations. Along the left side of the Parent zoom window, use the Filters to narrow the parent list to only those whose accounts are Not Activated or for who there is an Invitation Issued but that are not yet active:
- Use the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner to select "Invite to Edsby":
- An invitation will appear listing all the parent names that are being invited. Note that if prior invitations have been sent you can choose to re-send invitations to those whose most recent invitation was after a particular date. Click "Send Invitations" to initiate messages to the selected parents.
- Parents will receive an email message similar to this, allowing parents to activate their account and set their own password: