One of the great ways Edsby helps build community is by connecting students, parents & staff. Including profile pictures for students helps make the system more personal.
For security reasons students are not permitted to edit their own photos by default, although this can be changed for your school if desired. In schools where staff will designate student pictures there are two ways photos can be assigned:
Assigning individual student photos
- Open the Student zoom and hover over a student's name (or, use the Search tool and hover over a student's name)
- In the pop-up menu, choose "View Portfolio:
- In the upper-left corner of the portfolio for the student, hover over the placholder image; in the Options menu that appears select "change photo":
Bulk upload of student photos
If desired, profile pictures for staff & students can be sent to Twine support and uploaded in bulk.
You may send us photos in any format (PNG, JPG, etc.) -- the only trick is in the naming. The photo for each for student needs to be their "GUID" (globally unique identifier in Edsby), followed by .jpg or .png or whatever the file type is. So a student with GUID 2345S would need a photo named 2345S.jpg or 2345S.png.
To get a list of the student GUIDs for your school:
- From your Edsby home screen, click on the Students zoom
- In the drop-down menu at the top of the student list, choose Export:
Your export will be provided as a .CSV file that may be opened in Excel or the spreadsheet of your choice. The GUID for each student will be presented in the first column: