One of the great ways Edsby helps build community is by connecting students, parents & staff. Including profile pictures for students helps make the system more personal.
There are two ways staff photos can be assigned in Edsby:
Staff assignment of photos
Staff may assign their own photos by opening their own Profile. In the upper-left corner of the portfolio, hover over the placeholder image; in the Options menu that appears select "change photo":
Bulk upload of staff photos
If desired, profile pictures for staff (and students) can be uploaded in bulk.
Bulk uploads require preparing your images with a specific naming convention. Once prepared you may be share the photos with Twine Support to be imported, or users at your school with District IT privileges may run the import directly.
Preparing your photos
You may utilize photos in any format (PNG, JPG, etc.) -- the only trick is in the naming. The photo for each for staff member needs to be their "GUID" (globally unique identifier in Edsby), followed by .jpg or .png or whatever the file type is. So a staff member with GUID 2345U would need a photo named 2345U.jpg or 2345U.png.
To get a list of the staff GUIDs for your school:
- From your Edsby home screen, click on the Staff zoom
- In the drop-down menu at the top of the staff list, choose Export:
Your export will be provided as a .CSV file that may be opened in Excel or the spreadsheet of your choice. The GUID for each staff member will be presented in the first column:
Providing your photos to support for import
If you are providing your photos to Twine Support to be imported, a good way to share them is to use a cloud service such as Google Drive or Dropbox. Alternately, you may .zip the files together and send them to us at email@example.com
Uploading photos directly
Staff at your school with the District IT Admin privilege may upload photos in Edsby as follows:
- Using Windows, place all photos in a single directory (with no sub-folders)
- Select all photos, and right-click to select "Add to Archive" to create a .zip archive containing all folders.
- Assign a name of GUIDPhotos to the .zip file
- In Edsby, from your Home screen, navigate to your "District" container, usually represented with a "gear" icon in the upper-left corner:
- Click the Manage link on the upper-right corner of your district page:
- From the management page, click the Import button:
- From the Import window:
- (A) Click Browse and select your GUIDPhotos.zip file
- (B) Set "Import file type" to Incremental Sync
- (C) Set "SIS type" to StandardCSV
- Click the Import button to upload your file:
- When the upload has completed, click the green Re-Import button to trigger the processing and import of your photos: