Staff accounts are removed from Twine by clicking Delete on the account's Staff Info window. Staff accounts with the Teacher role can be removed only if they are not associated with any courses. Teacher accounts should not be removed if they have taught even one class because a record of the teacher is required to properly display courses on student transcripts.
Removing a Staff Account
- Navigate to Staff > Staff Info.
- Use the Search Window to locate the account. Click Submit to get a list of all staff, or narrow your results by first inputting search criteria such as Last Name.
- Click on the name of the Staff account that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button to remove the account. Note: The Delete button is not displayed for a Teacher currently associated with a course or courses: See Removing Teachers with associated classes for further instructions.
- Select OK to confirm.
Removing Teachers with associated classes
Note: Teacher accounts should not be removed if they are the teacher of record for even one completed class. A record of the teacher is required to properly display courses on student transcripts.
- If the Delete button is not shown on the Teacher's Staff Info page: click on the Schedule tab to view the Teacher's current class associations.
- Each associated course will need to be either reassigned or deleted. Navigate to Scheduling > Courses.
- Click the Search button.
- Enter search criteria such as a keyword from the class title. In most cases, entering the Teacher's last name will return all the courses associated with the Teacher.
- Click on the name of the course to be deleted or reassigned.
- To delete the course: click Delete and then click OK to confirm. Note: Deleting a Course Period will remove it from the schedule of all students currently assigned to it. Only delete the course if it will not be used. Skip to the next step to reassign a course instead.
- To reassign the course: click on the Teacher's Name
- Use the drop-down list to select the new teacher.
- Click Save.
- Repeat for all classes assigned to the teacher. Once all of the classes are removed you can remove the staff account.