After finalizing grades for report cards at the end of a reporting period, details must be verified and uploaded to Twine to facilitate transcript generation. The import process allows assignment of GPA and credit values based on grades earned in each class, and a review of the data by school administrators is recommended before import to ensure accuracy.
Exporting term-end data from Edsby
Twine support staff are available to assist in the export and preparation of your data, particularly for your first set of exports. If Twine staff have prepared the spreadsheet, you may skip to the Verifying Data Import section of this article.
Should you wish to run the export and prepare the import spreadsheet yourself, the steps are as follows:
- Log into Edsby with a school administrator account, and open the Report Card zoom
- Select the desired quarter
- Click the Export button. Save the resulting .csv file to your local workstation
- Open a copy of the Transcript Data excel file (attached), alongside the Export CSV file
- Fill in School Year, Marking Period End Date and Marking Period Name (be sure there is no ambiguity about what period this is for; please use the full school year name, such as 2017-2018, not an abberviation)
- Copy data from the following columns in the Export CSV to the Transcript Data File:
- StudentName > StudentName
- StudentGUID > StudentGUID
- ClassName > Course_Title
- Mark > Grade_Percent
Verifying data for import
The attached spreadsheet is used to collect & verify term-end grades so grades and credits can be stored in the SIS and used to generate transcripts. Before importing data, please review the following:
1) On the TermData sheet, please adjust the following values
- Threshold to earn credit: The minimum percentage required in any given class to earn credit for the course
- Grade Point Scale: Used when calculating GPA
- Default Credits: The number of credits most often granted for successful completion of a course
2) Check the Lookup sheet to adjust the mapping of percentages to letter grade and GPA, as per the scales that you use.
- Letter Grade: If your school uses + and - in the grade scale, modify the Letter Grade in the rows that correspond to those grades. For example, 100%, 99% and 98% might map to A+ rather than A.
- Unweighted GP / Weighted GP: By default Twine will calculate both a weighted and unweighted grade point average. If your school uses only unweighted averages, use the same values in both columns. For each Letter Grade defined, please check that Grade Point equivalents are accurate.
3) On the TermData sheet note that you can override any values as needed after data has been pasted in from Edsby. Please review the rows on the TermData sheet; if you have students who should earn more than the default number of credits for a given course, or if some courses provide a different number of credits than the default, please adjust those values.
Submitting reviewed sheets
When your review is complete, please send a copy of the verified spreadsheet to email@example.com for import.