Schools that need to report grades for terms prior to when they started using Twine/Edsby can load those grades directly into the Twine transcript system. This allows you to produce a full transcript for students, going back as far into the past as necessary.
Importing data in bulk
The attached spreadsheet may be used to collect grades and credit information so it can be stored in the Twine SIS and used to generate transcripts.
The spreadsheet is designed to hold all the grades for all students and classes in a single term. For schools that report 4 quarters on the transcript each year, this means you'll need to prepare 4 copies of the spreadsheet: one for each quarter.
We recommend that you modify the default values and tables on the spreadsheet to fit your school's grade scales & policies to create a "master" copy for yourself. Then, replicate the "master" for each term you require.
Setting up your "master" copy:
1) On the TermData sheet, please adjust the following values
- Threshold to earn credit: The minimum percentage required in any given class to earn credit for the course
- Grade Point Scale: Used when calculating GPA
- Default Credits: The number of credits most often granted for successful completion of a course
2) Check the Lookup sheet to adjust the mapping of percentages to letter grade and GPA, as per the scales that you use.
- Letter Grade: If your school uses + and - in the grade scale, modify the Letter Grade in the rows that correspond to those grades. For example, 100%, 99% and 98% might map to A+ rather than A.
- Unweighted GP / Weighted GP: By default Twine will calculate both a weighted and unweighted grade point average. If your school uses only unweighted averages, use the same values in both columns. For each Letter Grade defined, please check that Grade Point equivalents are accurate.
Entering your data for each term:
When you have adjusted the "master" sheet with your grade scale, grade point equivalents, and rules for credit assignment, you are ready to replicate the sheet. You should save one copy of the sheet for each term in the school year.
Each row in the spreadsheet represents a single class for a single student. The required fields for each row are Student Name, Student ID, Course Title, and Grade Percent (columns E thorugh I):
The remaining columns, J through O, will get filled automatically based on the mapping and defaults you defined. If you need to override any calculated value in columns J through O, you may edit each cell individually.
The completed spreadsheet should look something like the following:
Student IDs must be specified for each student, and can be found in Twine, from Students > Student Info: