In many schools it is common for co-teachers to be responsible for a class. When setting up classes in Twine, however, only one teacher can be assigned. The solution is to assign additional teachers to the class within Edsby directly; this can be done by school administrators, and by the teacher of the class.
Adding co-teachers within Edsby
Teachers and school administrators may add co-teachers to any class using the Setup form for the class inside Edsby. To to this:
- Open the class where you want to assign a co-teacher, and click on the drop-down menu in the uppper-right corner, next to the list of teacher tools:
- Select "Setup" from the drop-down menu:
- In the Setup window, scroll down to the "Teachers and Assistants" section, and enter the name of the co-teacher:
- Assign the permissions for your new teacher. Available options are as follows: Teacher grants full rights to everything in the class, so the additional staff can do everything the primary teacher can do; Support has all the same access as Teacher, excepting report cards; Substitute can take attendance and post in the feed, but can’t access academic information such as the gradebook, evidence of learning, perspective, etc.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Setup screen and click "Save"