Schools can choose to take attendance in Edsby for any class period. Each class has three settings in the Twine SIS that control the attendance functions for that class. The Takes Attendance setting controls the availability of the attendance tools and the Period and Meeting Days settings determine when teachers are prompted with an attendance sheet.
To enable or disable attendance for a class period
- In the Twine SIS, use the main menu to navigate to Scheduling > Courses.
- Select the Subject (1), Course (2), and Class Period (3) to open the period of interest.
- Check or uncheck the Attendance box to enable or disable the Attendance link within Edsby.
- Verify the Period and Meeting Days are correct. Note: Edsby will prompt teachers to take attendance on the days and times specified in Twine. See Configure Meeting Days and Add or change periods to edit the schedule.
Note: If attendance needs to be take more than once, add an additional class period. There are instructions on how to do that in the Add or change periods section below. During each class period, Edsby will prompt for attendance to be taken.
- Information will sync to Edsby overnight and attendance tools will be available after the sync.
Configure Meeting Days
- Click Meeting Days to enable editing.
- Check days to designate the schedule and then click Save.
Add or change a class period
- Clear incorrect course periods by deselecting all Meeting Days. Click Save.
- Click New Period to add a period. Use the drop down menu to select the period and the checkboxes to select the Meeting Days.
- To add additional attendance periods, click New Period, select the period from the dropdown menu, and check Meeting days.