In most schools, when classes are first created in Edsby only teachers have permission to post content into the class feed.
Once teachers are comfortable with Edsby, we strongly encourage classes to be opened to allow student participation. Doing so enables students to Reply to teacher posts, and to add their own notes with questions or comments that they want to share with the class.
As a classroom teacher, you may set this permission for your classes at any time using the class Setup form.
Teachers and school administrators may set student permissions for any class using the Setup form for the class inside Edsby. To to this:
- Open the class where you want to assign a co-teacher, and click on the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner, next to the list of teacher tools:
- Select "Setup" from the drop-down menu:
- In the Setup window, under Class Options, go to the Students setting:
- Change the setting to "Can enter class and participate"
- Scroll to the bottom of the Setup form and click Save