If you are intending to use the Ontario report card templates for grades K, 1-6, or 7-8 there are some Subjects which need to be set up with particular names. If required subjects are not used, teachers will not be presented with the correct report card sheets and data will not appear as it should in printed or published report cards.
For the Ontario elementary report card, all reporting is done through a single "Homeroom" class, with slightly different formats for the Progress Report, Interim Report Card and Final Report card. In all cases, a Subject should be set up with the name "Homeroom" and every Kindergarten student should be enrolled in a class period from this subject area.
Grade 1-8 classes
In grades 1-8, a specific set of subjects are presented on the Elementary Provincial Report Card, and only those subjects are shown on the printed report card. Specified subjects are:
- Homeroom - Homeroom classes are used to collect marks for Learning Skills and Work Habits.
- English or Language - Collects marks for primary language, organized as strands for Reading, Writing, Oral Communications, and Media Literacy
- French - Collects marks for French, organized as strands for Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing
- Native Language - Collects an overall (non-stranded) mark
- Mathematics - Collects marks for math, organized as strands
- Grade 1-6 strands are Number Sense and Numeration, Measurement, Geometry and Spatial Sense, Data Management and Probability
- Grade 7-8 strands are Number Sense and Numeration, Measurement, Geometry and Spatial Sense, Patterning and Algebra
- Science and Technology - Collects an overall (non-stranded) mark
- History - Collects an overall (non-stranded) mark
- Geography - Collects an overall (non-stranded) mark
- Health and Physical Education - Collects marks for PE organized as Health Education and Physical Education
- The Arts - Collects marks for arts classes in areas of Dance, Drama, Music and Visual Arts. Alternately, schools can choose set up individual subject areas with names of Dance, Drama, Music, and Visual Arts.