At the end of each reporting period, staff with the Office Head or Senior Admin role are responsible for reviewing report card data and then printing and/or publishing report cards for the school. Here's how.
Reviewing, printing & publishing
Reviewing report cards
- From your Home screen, open the Report Cards zoom
- The Report Cards zoom will open to the Sheet View by default, showing you a list of report card sheets for every class that has been assigned a report card for the term
- In each row there is a colored dot indicating the status of of each report card sheet.
- Overdue or Not Submitted sheets are indicated in gray
- Sheets that have been Submitted for Review are yellow
- Approved sheets are shown with green
- Sheets that have been Returned for Correction will be shown with red
- Published sheets will be shown in blue
- Click on a sheet to view the details. If the sheet has been submitted for review, you'll have buttons along the top allowing you to take your next steps
- Unlock for Editing allows you to directly edit and make changes to the report card sheet. After editing, you'll Resubmit the sheet to the office (just as a teacher would), and can then approve the sheet
- Request Corrections will return the sheet to the teacher, allowing them to make edits and resubmit when finished.
- Approve will update the status of the sheet to "approved," indicating it has been reviewed and accepted.
- Once you've completed reviewing and approving sheets, you are ready to print or publish
Printing report cards
When printing report cards, data is collected from all sheets with a status of Submitted for Review, Approved, or Published. Any content from with a status of Not Submitted, Overdue, or Returned for Correction is excluded from the printed report cards.
To print report cards:
- In the Report Card zoom, click the link for Student View. The student view shows, for each student, how many report card sheets have been submitted, approved, etc:
- In the Filters column along the left side of the screen, click the button for the print template(s) that pertain to your school. The Students list will filter down to only those students who have at least one completed report card sheet that is included in the selected template:
- In the upper-right corner, click the Print button
- Edsby will open a new browser tab presenting the print version of the report cards for all selected students. These may be sent to a printer or printed to PDF using the Print button in the upper-right corner
- Note that for shading to be visible on the printed report card, you may need to look at your print options and ensure that "background graphics" are included in the print output:
Publishing report cards
Publishing report cards makes them visible to students and parents within Edsby. To publish your report cards:
- In the Report Card zoom, click the link for Sheet View
- Click the Publish button. All sheets that have a status of Submitted for Review or Approved will be published; those that are Not Submitted will not be published
- The status for all sheets that are published will be indicated with a blue dot:
Once report cards are published, parents or students may log in via a web browser or tablet, and will find a View Report Cards button in the Classes panel. Note that at of the time of writing, published report cards are not visible via the Edsby app for phones.
When parents or students click the Report Cards button, they will be shown a version identical to the printed output: