In remote learning situations it is common for students and/or parents to be asked to send examples of work to teachers for a particular class or subject.
Edsby provides a mobile app, called Edsby Capture, which can be used for exactly this purpose. The following instructions explain how you can allow parents and students in your classes to use Edsby Capture to take photos of student work and submit them to your class.
Making Edsby Capture QR codes visible to students and parents
To use Edsby Capture, parents or students point the Capture application at a QR code, and then take a picture of work to be handed in. As a teacher, you can make QR codes available to your students & parents as follows:
- Log into Edsby and open a class.
- Navigate to the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner, and select Setup
- In the Setup window, check the box for Allow students and parents to print Edsby Capture QR Codes.
- At the bottom of the Setup page, click Save
Parent access to QR codes
Once enabled, parents or students can access the QR codes as follows:
- Parents will log into Edsby, and click the Learning Story link, visible below the Classes panel on the left side of their Home screen on Edsby:
- At the top of the Learning Story page, click the Print QR Codes button:
- In the next window, click the Print QR Codes button to generate a page of codes that can be sent to your printer:
Parents and students may download the Edsby Capture app from the iTunes Store or from Google Play. Instructions for using Edsby Capture to send in work are provided at: https://www.edsby.com/help/edsby-capture-for-students/?locale=en