Welcome to Twine!
If this is your first time logging into the Twine management console, the following article will step you through all the necessary tasks to configure your your school.
Within each section, please complete the designated activities
- Log into the Twine console at https://sis.choosetwine.com
- Your Username and an initial password will have been provided to you by your Twine onboarding specialist. Note that Twine usernames are generally *not* email addresses, and will be different than what you use to connect to Edsby.
Changing your password
Written instructions are available at: Changing your Twine SIS Admin password
- Change your account Password
Setting up the Twine calendar
Designating school days & days off
Written instructions are available at: Setting non-school days in the Twine calendar
Designating block days
If your school uses a day rotation that doesn't follow a calendar week (for example, a rotation of 3 day types), designate the day type for each day on the calendar.
Written instructions are available at: Setting block days in the Twine calendar
- Clear days from the calendar when school is not in session
- Assign day types, if your school has a rotating day schedule
Adding staff accounts
Written instructions are available at: Adding a staff account
- Add accounts for any staff that need to be in Edsby
- Assign Roles, where privileges other than Teacher are required
- Assign Titles if desired
Adding student accounts
Written instructions available at: Adding a new student account
- Add accounts for any students that need to be in Edsby
- After saving general student information, add an address for the student
- Remember that when adding Contacts (parents/guardians) you should always add an address first, and then associate contacts with a given address
Setting up subjects, courses, and class periods
Written instructions are available at: Setting up subjects, courses, and class periods
- Add Subjects, Courses, and Class Periods as required
- For schools in Ontario, please note special instructions for Elementary Subjects, and Course Codes for standards mapping.
Enrolling students in classes
Written instructions are available at: Enrolling students in classes
- Enroll students in classes in groups or individually