Schools using Twine websites can quickly and easily share news & events directly out of Edsby, making it easy to keep your website current with minimal effort
Adding News articles to your school website
- Login to Edsby as a school administrator. On the upper left side of the main dashboard, select the school where you would like to add an article.
- Once in the selected school's dashboard, click on Submit an article.
- Upon doing so, the "Submit an article" panel will pop up. On this panel, enter the title and body of your article, and upload an image to serve as the article's thumbnail:
- Title: Type in the title of the article you wish to publish on the space provided.
- Body: To create the article, paste the entire body of text which contains your main article on the space provided. Or, you can write and edit your article directly:
- Image: To upload an image, click on the Browse button and select the file you would want to appear on the article.
- Once you are done entering your article content, click the Submit button.
- When logged in as a school administrator, you can approve the submitted article, which makes it visible on the Edsby Home screen for all staff, students and parents. To approve, just click on the Approve button below the article.
- Once approved, you'll have the option to also make this article visible on your school website. To do so, click Show on website.
- Go to your school website and refresh the page to see the article you have published.
- Login to Edsby as a school administrator. On the upper left corner of your home screen, select the school where you are adding your event.
- Along the right side of the school page is a list of events. Just above this list, click the Open full page calendar icon:
- Next, click on the date where you are adding your event:
- A "Create Event" panel will pop up. This contains all the details you can include in your event.
- Enter the event's name and where it will be conducted on the spaces provided.
- If desired, Indicate the date and time when the event will begin and end by clicking on the calendar and clock widgets.
- Check the Publish to Web box on the lower left side of the panel to cause the event to appear on your school website, in addition to being visible within Edsby.
- Once you are done entering details for the event, click on Save.
- Once saved, you should be able to see your newly added event in the calendar, and on your website.