Emergency notices push urgent content to every page of your school website, and are often used in cases of weather events and school closures. This article demonstrates two ways to broadcast your emergency notice: as a scrolling banner at the top of each page, or as a content block in the page body.
How to broadcast an emergency notice on your website
There are two ways to post emergency notifications to your website:
- Login to Edsby as a school administrator with Web Manager privileges.
- On the lower-left portion of the home screen, click on the Websby button under Applications to access web manager capabilities.
- Once on the Websby dashboard, you will see the Broadcast button on the lower right portion. Click on the Broadcast button and the Edit Scrolling Message panel will pop up.
- This is where you can add the contents of the emergency notice you wish to broadcast on your website, and also the place to remove the posted emergency notices.
- Message Content: Input the message that you would like to appear
- Link to: Input URLs if you would like to link your viewers to another web page.
- Click on the Save button once you are done.
- When you are done with the broadcast message, go to your school's website and refresh the page to see the banner containing your emergency notice.
- If you have included a URL, viewers who click on the banner will be directed to the webpage you have linked.
- To edit or remove the broadcast, go to the Websby main dashboard and click the Broadcast button. Edit the contents you have inputted or delete them entirely.
- Click on the Save button to apply changes.
- Once you are done, you can go back to the school website and the emergency notice shall be removed.
- Login to Ebsby as a school administrator. Once logged in, you will see Ebsby's main dashboard.
- On the left side panel, under the documents section, click on the Emergency Notice.
- Upon doing so, the Edit Page will pop up. This is where you can edit/input page name, page title, and emergency notice contents.
- Click on the Save button on the lower right of the Edit Page pop-up to apply changes.
- To make your emergency notice visible on all pages of your school's website, click on the Web Page Layout button.
- On the upper portion of the Web Page Layout dashboard, find the panel including the text "Broadcast above all pages." Click on the dropdown menu and select Show on all screens.
- Go to your school's website and refresh a page to see the notice
- To remove the emergency notice, go back to the Websby main dashboard and click on the Web Page Layout button.
- On the upper portion of the Web Page Layout dashboard, find the panel including the text "Broadcast above all pages." Click on the dropdown menu and select Hide this layout:
- When you refresh a page on the school website you should see that the emergency notice has been removed from all pages.