The news river is displayed at the top of the Home screen for every person who logs in to Edsby, and is often used as a place to share announcements. In this article we’ll look at how items get submitted to the News River, and how you, as school administrator, can approve those articles.
Adding news river articles
- Login to Edsby as a school administrator.
- In the upper left corner of the Edsby dashboard, click on your school. In this example, the school is Twine Academy:
- On the school page, in the center column, you will see all approved and pending articles. To add a new article, click the submit an article button. All staff members have access to submit articles.
- A "Submit an article" form will appear. For each article there are three elements that must be provided:
- Title: Enter the title for your article. The title will be displayed over your image thumbnail in the News River on the Edsby home screen.
- Body: The body is where you'll write or paste the article content. Edsby provides a rich-text editor where you can set text colors, size, and alignment, and/or insert images and other content to present your story.
- Image: Every article must include an image that will serve as the article's thumbnail on the News River. Square images usually present best, and a good resolution to use is 300x300 pixels. To select your image, click Browse:
- Once you are done completing the three article fields, click Submit
Approving news river articles
- Submitted articles will appear in the feed on your School's page. For each article pending review, you will see three options at the bottom: approve, edit, and reject.
- To approve a submitted article, click the Approve button:
- If desired, Edit may be used to update the article and make changes prior to approval.
- Reject may be used to remove an article from the feed.
- If desired the "Gear" icon can be used to access advanced functions, including the ability to assign dates on which the item should be shown and when it should expire: