The Edsby Launchpad provides a quick and easy way to access common websites. As a school administrator, you can directly add and edit launchpad links for your school that are visible to all members of the community.
How to update launchpad items
- Login to Edsby on an account with school administrator privileges.
- On the upper left portion of the main dashboard, beside the search bar, you will see an icon for My Launchpad. Click on the My Launchpad Icon:
- The Launchpad is organized into sections showing My Links, and a section with links shared for all members of your school (in this example, the school is Twine Academy). Each user may add and remove their own links under the My Links section. Links you add under the school name will be available to all members of the school.
- As a school administrator you can update links three ways as follows:
Add new links
- To add a new link click on the Add Link button denoted by a + icon.
- In the Add Link window that appears, enter the Title, URL and image to be used:
- Title: Enter the text that you would like to appear below the link icon in the Launchpad
- Website/URL: Enter the URL or link of the website you want people to access:
- Add Image Icon: Click the Browse button to select an images that will appear as the icon for your selected website in My Launchpad.
- When finished, click Save:
- To edit existing links in My Launchpad, hover your mouse on the upper portion of a link, and a small drop-down menu will appear:
- Click on the menu and select Edit:
- You may now edit Title, URL and image. When finished click Save
- To remove existing links, hover your mouse on the upper portion of a link, and a small drop-down menu will appear:
- Click the drop-down menu and select Delete:
- The link will be removed from My Launchpad.
Advanced Options: Setting Items by Role
In some situations, you may want to share launchpad items with some groups of users, but not everyone. For example, there may be a website that is used frequently by your staff, but which is not relevant to students and parents.
To designate launchpad items based on student, parent or staff role, complete and return the attached Launchpad Items.xlsx Excel sheet. For each Launchpad icon you want to display, please specify:
- Name: The exact name as you want it to appear in the launchpad (including capitalization, spaces, etc)
- ShowTo: Please indicate Staff, Student, Parent or any combination of these.
- URL: The exact URL that you want to come up when users click the launchpad item. Note that often the desired URL might be the Login page for a site, not the "main" landing page