In this article we’ll look at how you can designate Key Contacts for your school. The Key contacts panel is particularly important for parents. When parents log in they are automatically shown all the classes their kids are enrolled in, including the teachers for those classes. With the Key Contacts panel you can highlight additional names, such as front office staff or school administrators, who may also be important points of contact for parents.
How to add Key Contacts
- Log in to Edsby as a school administrator.
- In the upper left corner of the Home screen you will see your school name, a link to your School content. In this example, we will click on Twine Academy:
- Doing so will transfer you to your school's Edsby page. In the upper left corner is the Key Contacts panel, presenting a list of key contacts for your school:
- Just below the Key Contacts panel is a Staff panel, showing you all the members of the school staff:
- To add new staff to the key contacts, click the Staff link
- Upon doing so, the Member List will open, containing all the registered staff in your school. You will see their names, positions, and profile picture.
- Look for the staff you wish to add as key contacts. Just below their names, you will see an Add to key contacts link. Use this link to include any desired staff in the Key Contacts list.
- To remove key contacts, look for a desired name and click Remove from key contacts: