We know that new technology can be uncomfortable at first. We've created a video series for the Edsby app just for parents to help introduce them to the ease of using this great tool to stay informed and in touch with their child's school, teachers, and know what's going on their the classroom! This is the 2nd video in the playlist. You can view the full playlist here. If you have not already installed the Edsby app, we have help docs for both iOS and Android.
- Once logged into Edsby you will see your Edsby app Home Screen, in the top right in the app setting gear
- Next you will notice the News River, this is the same as you see when logged in to the Web Browser version of Edsby.
- The first name you see on the Home Screen is your own, as well as when you were active last.
- Then your personal settings
- This is where you can go in and set you your notifications for your students classes, news river, Edsby messages and more. (covered in this help article)
- Back out in the Home Screen you can access your Student(s) recent activity all together
- Launchpad (if used by the school) may contain web links to frequently use websites
- And lastly, under your Name is the Logout link
- Under your Student you have a number of functions that we will go into more detail the following help articles.
- Parents can report future absences, partial day absences, and multi-day absences through Edsby. The Plan an Absence option on the Home Screen should be used if the child will be absent at a time other than the current day.
- After selecting this, the name of the child will automatically be filled in. Fill out the form by specifying the dates and times the child will be absent for, providing a reason, and an optional comment. When finished, click Send to School Office. The Office will be notified and can approve the Planned Absence.
- Each student has their own Edsby portfolio, which is similar to a personal blog. In the Portfolio, students create posts about themselves and their academic or extracurricular success. Parents can view their child’s portfolio as a feed by clicking Portfolio on the Home Screen under the child’s name.
Learning Story (if used, is usually grades K-5)
- Parents can view evidence teachers have shared regarding their children through their child’s Learning Story. This feed is available by clicking Learning Story on the Home Screen under the child’s name.
- Parents can like and comment on posts their children’s teachers have shared in the Learning Story. Parents can also access and print their child’s unique QR Codes to use in the Edsby Capture App by clicking Print QR Codes.
- Parents can see an overview of the classes their child is taking by clicking Classes next to the name of the child on the Home Screen. A list of the child’s classes is visible along with their averages in each class if the teacher has chosen to show them.
- Parents can view posts made by the teachers of their child by clicking Recent Activity under their child’s name on the Home Screen.
- Here, new posts, events and assessments made by any of the child’s teachers will be visible to the parent.
- This enables parents to be up-to-date with all that is happening in the classes of each of their children.
- Clicking the Calendar icon under the child’s name on the Home Screen brings a parent to the Personal Calendar of their child.
10. Menu bar at the bottom
Home - Takes you back to the Edsby app home screen
Groups - Takes you your Edsby groups
Messages - Takes you into your Edsby Messages
Calendar - Takes you into your Edsby Calendar
Notifications - Shows your your notifications