The following article is intended for school administrators getting started with Edsby. We've put together a series of quick videos & exercises that guide you through all the necessary steps to configure your your school.
By the end of this series, you should be comfortable with the basic navigation and use of Edsby, and should be confident that the system is ready for your Teacher Overview.
Within each section, there are recommended activities. These activities are intended to be hands-on, ensuring the system is working and configured exactly as you require.
Logging in to Edsby
Written instructions are available at: Logging in to Edsby
- Log in to your Edsby account
Written instructions are available at: Navigating Edsby
- On the Home screen of your Edsby desktop, confirm that each of the following links/panels are available to you:
- An link at the top-left with your school name and icon
- A Classes panel
- The Edsby News River
- A My Groups panel
- A set of links under your school name that include Attendance, Office, Students, Staff and Parents
- If your subscription includes Workflows+, check for an Applications panel including Emergency Alerts and/or Community Service links
- If your subscription includes a school website, check for an Applications panel including Websby
- If any of the objects above are not showing, please contact your Twine project manager, or submit an online help request
Edsby Online Help
Written instructions are available at: Edsby Online Help
- Using the Online Help widget in the lower-right corner of Edsby, submit a ticket to our Help Desk letting us know you're testing out the Help function.
Settings: Password, Profile, and Notifications
Written instructions are available at: Settings: Password, Profile and Notifications
- Change the password for your Edsby login
- If you will not be providing a set of staff photos to be uploaded in bulk, open your Profile and assign a photo for yourself
- Open and review your Notification settings; you may update these settings if desired
Adding Key Contacts in Edsby
Written instructions are available at: Adding Key Contacts in Edsby
- Open your school page and expand the Staff panel to assign Key Contacts for your school
- Within the Key Contacts panel, drag names into the order you'd prefer parents & students to see
Adding Events to the School Calendar in Edsby
Written instructions are available at: Adding Events to the School Calendar in Edsby
- Open your School page, and add one or more events to the school calendar
Adding and Approving Items for the News River
Written instructions are available at: Adding and Approving Items for the News River
- Post and approve an article in the News River
- If you'd like, you may copy and adapt text from the attached Welcome to Edsby article, and use the attached News River Image to get you started.
Updating Launchpad Items
Written instructions are available at: Updating Launchpad Items
- Add at least 1 link to the Launchpad that you'd like to make available to all staff, students, and parents
Creating Edsby Groups
Written instructions are available at: Creating an Edsby Group
- Create an Edsby group called All Staff, using the attached All Staff Image as the icon
- In the Setup form:
- Set the Type to "Regular"
- Ensure you are a Moderator, and add additional moderators if desired
- Set Show To to "No-One (Private)"
- Set Membership to "Closed"
Setting Membership for Edsby Groups
Written instructions are available at: Setting membership for Edsby Groups
- Open the Setup form for your group, and set Automated Membership to include All Staff as members
Written instructions are available at: Edsby Zooms
- Open the Classes zoom, and review contents there to ensure that subjects and classes match what you expect, based on the class periods defined in Twine
- Open the Parents zoom, and check that parents are associated with the correct students. Pay particular attention to families with multiple children in the same household, and note any potential duplicate accounts
- Open the Students zoom, and check that student information is consistent with what you expect based on what is defined in Twine
- Click on a Student name to open their Panorama page, and confirm that class assignments for that student are correct
Logging out of Edsby
Written instructions are available at: Logging out of Edsby
- Log out of your Edsby account