In Phase 2, existing records for staff, students, and associated parents or contacts from the current year are "rolled over" or copied to next year. Usually, we also roll over a new set of empty classes, patterned after the current ones, to save you time setting up class periods.
What happens during data rollover?
- All Staff, Students, and student Contacts are copied.
- Students are automatically advanced a grade level.
- Students at your highest grade level do not roll to the upcoming school year.
- Subjects, Courses, and Class Periods are copied.
- Class periods for next year do not include any scheduled students.
What do schools need to do before the rollover date?
Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if ANY of the following apply:
- You have significant changes to your Class Periods and do not want Subjects, Courses, and Class Periods from the current year copied to your new year.
- You have changes in your Terms setup (for example, Semesters/Quarters to Trimesters)
Please fill out and include the Marking Periods Updates spreadsheet found in the attachments section.
- You have changes to your bell schedule (different start/end times, different block rotations)
Please fill out and include the Bell Schedule Updates spreadsheet found in the attachments section.
- You have changes in course subjects.
- You have new grade levels that need to be added.
What is required after rollover?
- Verify term start and end dates for next year. Please send term details to email@example.com.
- Designate school holidays for the following year. In the TwineSIS calendar. Turn days on/off so Edsby knows when school is in session and attendance should be taken.
- Create new Student accounts. Setting up Students manually in TwineSIS works well when you only add a few at a time. If you have many new students to add, please complete the Student Account Additions spreadsheet found in the attachments below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org to help with a bulk upload.
- Un-enroll students that are not returning. Add a Drop date to inactivate those accounts.
- Create new staff accounts. Add new Staff records for incoming teachers and staff.
- Update class period details. Use the Scheduling tools in Twine to update class times, update teacher assignments, and add or remove class periods.
- Enroll students in classes for the new school year. Once class periods are defined, use the Group Schedule and Student Schedule tools in TwineSIS to add students into their classes.
- Invite new Parents to use Edsby. At the beginning of the new term, remind parents to activate their accounts and install the Edsby mobile app so they can stay up to date on what's happening at school.